A lot of information and practice is given in the four weeks and the main topics covered will be a are mix of raja, gyana and sattvic aspects of yoga practices:
- Teaching to teach
- Anatomy and physiology
- Healing and chakra energy, astral body
- Philosophy of yoga and yoga lifestyle
- Bhakti - throughout
Example of your daily schedule over four weeks:
- 07:30 Meditation and asana class
- 09:30 Breakfast
- 10:30 Teaching to teach sessions and lecture/discussion groups on philosophy, anatomy and physiology, healing and others
- 14:10 Lunch, and relaxation and private study time
- 16:30 Asana workshop or practicing how to teach
- 18:30 Dinner
- 20:00 Chanting or other Bhakti session
- Sunday is a day off and Wednesday is till 16:30
Silence will be used throughout the training, from 21:00 until 11:30 most of the days. It offers a dimension of formless space on your yoga teacher training, and paves an inner awareness to intuitive learning beyond the technical, which is also yoga. In addition, you will use breathing kriya everyday to energize the astral body and to be the state of a healer at all times this will be done daily for 20 minutes in the morning, just before lunch session.
Yoga techniques and practice
- Explore modifications in asanas to best benefit the practitioner
- Develop an eye for alignment, mastering how to make verbal cues and safe and smart hands-on adjustments
- Learn practical systems; Asanas, pranayama, meditation, chanting, kriyas
- Design balanced joyful classes with smart sequencing of postures.
- -Yoga teaching methods and styles
- Learn steady postures through in depth Hatha yoga study
- Be skilled in Hatha, Vinyasa, Ashtanga Primary Series,Tantra Chakras healing
- Develop your yoga teaching style
- -Anatomy and physiology
- Study physical, subtle anatomy, physiology of the body systems.
- Demonstrate alignment principles, prevention, especially how the yoga is specific for healing energy body.
- Develop a strong healing foundation of energies, chakras, nadis, etc.
Yoga philosophy, yoga lifestyle and yoga healing
- In depth study of the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali.
- Learn how to apply yoga’s philosophy into your practice and life.
- In depth study of the Yamas and Niyamas as they apply to your life and your teaching.
- Know the chakras and what they represent in the energy body and how to heal.
- Know how nutrition and lifestyle affect yourself and your students.
- Learn by doing - these are some of the most fun learning days. Teach a variety of mini-classes throughout the training with constructive feedback from your peers.
- Learn sequencing and staging of classes.
- Understand how to teach any and all students simultaneously with effective cueing and voice, use of props, alternative poses for the individual.
Being a yoga professional
- Understand professional ethics and the business of yoga.
- Business of yoga, develop your brand, marketing, advertising, legal, financials.
- Continuing education, building community and being connected in life.
- Yoga Alliance and IAYT registry and membership.