A peaceful oasis nestled where the jungle meets the ocean in the peaceful surf town of Playa Hermosa on the South Central Pacific Coast of Costa Rica.
Yoga Retreats (1)
Alejandra is from San Jose, Costa Rica. She began practicing yoga at an early age and realized she wanted to dedicate her life to this discipline. Her foundations are Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga and Anusara Yoga. Alejandra is always deepening her practice, and travels to India yearly to study directly with the masters. She is a pasionate teacher , she enjoys teaching in the beautiful coats of Costa Rica.
Rebecca Anne Geraci
from United States, June 2021
Honestly, everything. By the end of week 1 I was actually calling Vida Asana home! The training was immersive & supportive, the meals were delicious & plentiful and the location & accommodations were serene & clean- a true sanctuary! I highly recommend this YTT to anyone and everyone. The family and knowledge I left Vida asana with will be a part of me forever. So much love!
from United States, June 2021
- My room was comfortable, spacious, and cute. Everyday it was cleaned and I had fresh towels. The mini fridge was much appreciated!
- The food was incredible, especially "deconstructed Pad thai" night
- Lots of fun excursions to choose from and we didn't need to worry about booking ahead of time. The activities were spread throughout the week so everyday I had something new to look forward to!
- All the staff are very friendly and helpful.
- Maria (office staff) went above and beyond to make my experience better. Every interaction with her left me with a smile, she is a huge asset to Vida Asana.
- There are so many areas to relax ("sloth station" hammocks and swings, multiple seating areas by the pool and right by the rooms, dining area)
- I could have chosen a cheaper option, but having medical staff actually go to the retreat and quickly swab me for a COVID test was so convenient.
from France, March 2021
I really enjoyed to be at Vida Asana, the staff is very friendly, the grounds are beautiful, the food, yoga and massage were amazing.
from United States, January 2021
from United States, December 2020
"The BEST FOOD, yoga, and surf classes ever!!"
The food here is just 100%!!!! EVERY TIME it’s GOOD! Yoga classes are very high quality, surfing classes are excellent. People here really care about the guests. Thanks to Shawn and Laurène for making sure my stay went great. Very accommodating people!!
from United States, July 2019
"Amazing people at an amazing place"
Everyone at Vida Asana is kind, helpful, and on an interesting life journey. Even if you ended up at Vida Asana alone, with no other guests, the staff are more than accessible and friendly. We spent several hours chatting with the owner, Sean and coordinator, Frank. It truly is a special place. And it helps that the food is always fresh and delicious.
from United States, March 2019
"Everything and more"
I liked how welcoming everyone was! Everyone introduced themselves and made you feel right at home and comfortable. Everyone being the staff and the guests! The staff were so kind, encouraging, happy, and really did all that they can to make your stay perfect for you. Not only did the staff work hard to give you the best time but also were super personal and you could have meaningful and deep conversations with them. It was really special.
from Costa Rica, December 2018
This was my first yoga retreat - novice to yoga. I was welcomed with open arms from the second I walked in. You are sorrounded by nature, amazing food, bicycles on property to ride along the beach. Sean, Frank and Rachel make you feel like part of the Asana Family. It was much more than I expected and would recommend to anyone looking to escape, disconnect and reflect. I look forward to going back!
from Costa Rica, October 2018
the environment was very cozy, felt like I was sharing time with family, the room very clean, love the bath products, the food was very healthy and fresh