Six Ways to Avoid Winter Sniffs and Sneezes
We're expert yoga travellers and we love helping you. BookYogaRetreats is the largest yoga travel website with 6695 unique listings in 251 destinations around the world.
Discover Yoga Retreats now
With some nasty winter bugs going around, here are some simple things you can do to avoid ‘those nasty bugs that are going around’ at this time of year:
- Wash your hands with warm water and natural soap before eating and after using the toilet.
- Take regular, moderate exercise, such as 45-minutes’ brisk walking five times a week – this is good for you even if you already have a runny nose and sore throat (but rest if you have aches, vomiting or fever).
- Practice deep breathing daily, to get fresh oxygen into your lungs (breathe in slowly for three seconds, hold for three, and breathe out for three.) Repeat 10 times.
- Eat foods rich in Vitamin C for its anti-viral properties, such as peppers, dark leafy green vegetables, cauliflower, cabbage, broccoli and Brussel sprouts, also fruit including oranges and clementines, kiwi fruit, papayas and strawberries.
- Take a good probiotic supplement to boost the friendly bacteria in your digestive system.
- Get some winter sun if possible – sunshine makes you feel good and contains vitamin D that’s absorbed by the skin and helps keep you healthy. Alternatively, take a vitamin D supplement.
Do you think these practices at home help you avoid the flu?