How to do a Camel Pose
1. Begin by kneeling on the front of your mat. Knees should be hip apart at least 6 inches (measure by placing two fists in between your knees).
2. The souls of your feet face downward.
3. Begin by placing your palms on your lower back for support.
4. Drop your head and begin to arch your back pushing hips and pelvis forward.
5. Withdraw your hands one at a time and place them on your heels. Grip firmly.
6. Arch your back until your arms are straight. Keep mouth and jaw closed and eyes open. Breathe deeply. Hold the pose for at least 20 seconds.
7. Bring your hands back on to your lower back for support and begin to slowly straighten your back. It is normal to feel a bit dizzy and emotional.
8. Sit on your heels and breathe deeply to bring down your heart rate.
Benefits of Camel Pose
√ Improves posture
√ Opens up the chest
√ Relieves lower back pain
√ Stimulates glands
√ Improves flexibility
Do you find this tips useful? What is the hardest asana in your opinion? Share us the most challenging asana in your opinion or write us your own tips!