Four Delicious Ketogenic Drinks You Need to Try
We're expert yoga travellers and we love helping you. BookYogaRetreats.com is the largest yoga travel website with 6552 unique listings in 251 destinations around the world.
Discover Yoga Retreats now
When you're on the keto diet, you're going to need a concrete plan that ensures the successful results. But you shouldn't only focus on the good you're going to eat but what you can drink! Smoothies, alcoholic drinks, or juices are still allowed in the diet as long as you use the right ingredients. But what kind of ketogenic drinks can you have?
Read on as I show you the list of keto drinks you can try out today.
Whether you're hankering for a smoothie or a cocktail, try out any of these ketogenic drinks you can easily make. Whether you’re type who aims to just have a healthier diet (like the diets imparted on yoga health farms by the teachers), or you’re into juicing and detox, these drinks will be suitable for an energy boost or a delcious break.
1. Strawberry and lemon ice tea
This is one of my favorite recipes because it's the right amount of sweet and tangy! It's the perfect way to quench your thirst during summer days. It gives the tea a unique and yummy twist.
• Two cups of boiled water
• One tea bag
• One strawberry
• One slice of lemon
• One packet of low-calorie sweetener
• One tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
1. Brew your tea in the boiling water. While it brews, slice the strawberry and add both the lemon and strawberry to your tea.
2. In a glass or pitcher, add ice and Stevia. Pour the tea into the pitcher and stir until cold. You can add the apple cider vinegar or omit it.
2. Keto Mojito
Who said you couldn't have an alcoholic drink during the keto diet? As long as you avoid any sugary syrups and choose some nutritious ingredients to make your drink with (like in the case of mojito), you won't have to worry about the number of carbs while having fun.
• Ten mint leaves
• One ounce of lime juice
• One teaspoon of Stevia
• One cup of ice cubea
• Two ounces of white rum
• Two ounces of club soda
1. Add mint leaves to the glass and muddle it with the handle of your kitchen utensils.
2. Pour in the lime juice, Stevia, and the ice cubes. Add the rum and soda right after and stir until everything is well-incorporated. Garnish with lime wedges or more mint and enjoy!
3. Pumpkin Spice Latte
Have you ever wanted to order a Pumpkin Spice Latte in Starbucks but got worried about the carbs and sugar? Then try out this healthier version, where you can taste real pumpkin puree for serious flavor in your coffee.
• One tablespoon of butter
• One shot of espresso
• Two tablespoons of Stevia
• Two tablespoons of pumpkin puree
• Two tablespoons of heavy or coconut cream
• Quarter teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
• Half a teaspoon of cinnamon
• One pinch of sea salt
• Half a cup of almond milk.
1. Heat the butter in a small pan at low heat until it becomes lightly brown.
2. Combine the Stevia and espresso in a blend and let it dissolve for a few seconds, stirring it lightly. Add the pumpkin puree, butter, cream, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and salt. You can add almond milk if you want to thin out the latte.
3. Blend the mixture on high for ten seconds. Pour the latte in your mug and top with whipped cream and a bit of cinnamon if you want. Enjoy!
4. Breakfast Smoothie
If you don't have time to make a full breakfast in the morning, you can still have your fix of nutrients and fat with this delicious green smoothie! It's a powerhouse of a drink that tastes amazing as it is nutritious. Whether you want a snack or an entire meal replacement, this smoothie is a must-try!
• 1.5 cups of almond milk
• One ounce of spinach
• 50 grams of cucumber
• 50 grams of celery
• 50 grams of avocado
• One tablespoon of coconut oil
• Ten drops of liquid Stevia
• One scoop (30 grams) of low-carb protein powder
• One teaspoon of matcha powder
• Half a teaspoon of chia seeds
1. Add almond milk and spinach in your blender and blend for three seconds to break the spinach down and make room to add the rest of your ingredients.
2. Add all the other ingredients (except chia seeds and matcha powder) and blend for one minute or until it's creamy.
3. Pour into a cup and add matcha powder and garnish with chia seeds. Enjoy!
Wrapping It Up
In the keto diet, you aren't only limited to just coffee, tea, or water. With a ton of recipes that range from a chocolate covered almond keto smoothie down to a low-carb mojito, you can still enjoy something refreshing without ruining the rest of your keto diet plan.
Hopefully, you found an idea on what ketogenic drinks you can still enjoy and make on your own. So don't wait any longer and try any of these drinks today!
Looking to shed a few pounds in a healthy way? Why not go on a yoga and weight loss retreat? It may give you the perfect start on your slim journey.