A link to reset your password has been sent to your email
Already have an account? Log in
We have sent you an email to validate your email address. Follow the link provided in that email to complete your registration.
Didn't receive an email? Resend
This unique and high-quality small group training is taught by a highly experienced Yoga Therapist C-IAYT 1000 and Ayurvedic Practitioner Antonina Ramsey and guest speakers - an Ayurvedic doctor and experienced yoga teachers. inHarmony Yoga for Health is where ancient wisdom meets modern science. You will learn not only how to design general balanced yoga classes and programs but more importantly - how personalize and choose intelligently specific breathing practices, asanas, meditation and relaxation techniques to your clients based on their physiology, age, health condition, needs, and their unique Ayurvedic genotype. This is not a boot camp type of training with copious amounts of physical postures. Nor there is a blanket application of one-to-all alignment rules. You will learn the basics of personalized alignment based on a deeper understanding of physiology.
inHarmony Home is a beautiful and comfy villa designed with love by Antonina to share its healing beauty with her students and clients. You will love the feeling of being in this place! There is a huge living room where we will do yoga when the weather doesn't let us be outside or on the roof terrace or in a beautiful garden. There are 3 stylish bedrooms to share to use privately. Each bathroom has its bathroom with a shower and access to the garden all around the house. The house is located in a residential area of 13 villas sharing a large park-like territory with a nice size pool and grass area to chill.
inHarmony Home is being redesigned. Photos and videos are coming soon.
Hi dear! For every student there is a teacher and for every teacher there is a student. I really wish you find the training that is best for you. Please read the characteristics of the training carefully to make sure there is a fit between what I offer and what you are looking for.
1. This course is based on the notion that Yoga is first of all a spiritual science and its fundamental purpose is to create harmony in the body, mind, and environment. Yoga is a complete system of physical, mental, social, and spiritual development.
2. My passion is to bring the authentic Satyananda lineage Hatha and Kriya based Yoga and the foundations of Yoga Therapy to my students combined with latest scientific research in physiology and Yoga, and techniques from a number of holistic modalities such as Shamanism, Hypnotherapy and Energy Healing.
3. I use the Socrates Method of teaching in this course to foster critical and creative thinking. I give you the knowledge and guide you to gradually arrive to answer to your questions.
4. This course is designed to train future yoga teachers/educators interested in a therapeutic, knowledge-based creative application of basic Yogic & Ayurvedic tools and techniques in small focus groups or 1:1 settings. It also prepares one to teach general balanced group beginner and intermediate (from the physical challenge perspective) level classes.
5. This course is not designed for those interested in a specific yoga style such as Vinyasa, Ashtanga, Kundalini etc. with style-specific prescribed “do it this way” protocols, memorized choreographic sequences, and generic one-to-all rules and cues. This style of yoga is focused more on teacher guidance and less on teacher instruction, which is one of the main differences between a yoga teacher and a yoga therapist.
6. Course material was carefully chosen, organized in a specific way and improved continuously based on the feedback of 100+ inHarmony Yoga YT grads, a decade of my yoga teaching and personal and professional evolution to a 500hr E-RYT, Ayurvedic Practitioner, and 1000hr C-IAYT yoga therapist.
I hope this course makes you appreciate the magnitude of Yoga, its numerous Tools and their powerful potential for human health. In this Foundations training we only scratch the surface of what Yoga and Ayurveda have to offer.
In-depth human anatomy and physiology are a big subject requiring hundreds of hours to become proficient and are beyond the scope of this course. As a beginner yoga teacher needs a basic level of anatomy and physiology to understand the mechanisms behind the Yogic techniques to practice and explain them in a better and safer way. More detailed studies of Yoga anatomy, physiology, clinical health conditions, Yoga Therapy specific protocols, client care plans, and Asana clinics are part of the advanced 300hr and 800hr trainings.
"Fascia is the missing element in the movement/stability equation," Tom Myers.
I place a lot of emphasis on Fascia in this training because new scientific research data along with breakthrough 3D imaging completely challenged and revolutionized the way we understand human anatomy, movement and Yoga Asana.
Multiple Yogic Techniques will be explained and demonstrated during lectures and discussions. All the techniques will be demonstrated by the teacher and tested by the students (experiential learning) during our 1.5 hr morning and sometimes afternoon or evening sessions. Later students test/put to practice these techniques during your morning Sadhana practice. Techniques will be practiced and experienced in:
1. You will study main Hatha Yoga Poses one by one covering all aspects of Asana practice with safety and health optimization as a goal:
2. How to put postures together. Design of a general balanced yoga practice for a healthy person/group class.
3. Using the Asana knowledge to put together several specialty yoga group practices for Dosha balancing, an obese client, a client with a common health condition such as anxiety or chronic fatigue, and to design beginner and intermediate group yoga classes.
4. How to adapt a general yoga class structure to a client with a specific therapeutic/healing goal where the client is you (your own routine yoga practice Sadhana).
You will learn how to modify yoga for various common human health conditions. This topic is covered more in the 300hr YTT in more detail and to a larger extent.
You will learn, test and practice teaching the following main Pranayama Techniques:
You will learn the main principles of guided relaxation in Savasana - the speed, the tone of voice, the visuals, themes, position of the body, adaptation to various client needs etc.
You learn how to use the Chakra System for the development of Awareness and Emotional Balance along with numerous techniques (please see your Philosophy book’s Chakra chapters, suggestions part) to affect chakras and thus the human energy subtle body and the Koshas.
An extremely useful tool for stress management - to make people aware of the root cause of stress and disease. You will learn how to apply the concept of Kleshas to educate clients about stress, where it leads to, how to get out of the cycle, what Yogic tools to use to manage/ remove it.
You will be introduced to the basics of how to work with clients holistically using the system of Koshas.
You will learn how to use Mantra as a tool of concentration and relaxation, how to chose the right mantra for a specific person/situation, and physiology and the science behind it. You will be shown how to use Tibetan Bowls in a yoga class.
This topic is optional/elective. You will learn the basics (general rules, dos and don'ts) of how to teach yoga to the healthy population.Working with women who have pregnancy-related health complications/illnesses is beyond the scope of this course and is addressed in the advanced 300hr YT.
The 8 limbs of Yoga and what is Yama - Niyama, Asana, Pranayama, Meditation, and Samadhi from a spiritual/philosophic point of view.
This area is truly gorgeous squeezed between the sea and the mountains. Trips are optional depending on the group's decision. A Half-day trip to the picturesque Mijas Pueblo (white Andalucian mountain village) is possible. The traditional Andalucia sea-side village La Cala de Mijas is just one bus stop away or a 25 minutes walk on the beach promenade.
As founder of inHarmony.Yoga, Antonina's goal is to inspire people around the world to live their healthiest lives by making informed choices based on the intimate knowledge of their minds, bodies, and the environment. She is an IAYT certified 1000hr Yoga Therapist, 500hr E-RYT senior yoga teacher, a certified Ayurveda, Hypnotherapy, Shamanic Healing, and Energy Medicine Jin Shin Jyutsu Acupressure Practitioner.
Doctor Vivek Mohindra is a practicing Ayurvedic Doctor Physician and teacher of Ayurveda and Yoga Philosophy. His teaching style is well-suited for westerners because of his extensive experience teaching Ayurveda science in India and the Netherlands.
The training is located in the beautiful Mediterranean Andalucia between Marbella and La Cala de Mijas, Malaga, Spain. It is a place where people from all over the world come to vacation. You will enjoy spending every day in a beautiful stylish villa - Harmony Home - set up for trainings and retreats with love. The atmosphere is truly gorgeous - tall mature pine trees above your head, a nice large swimming pool, stunning views of the park and the sea from a large roof terrace where you will do yoga as much as you can.
There are many cozy places to hang out in and around the house. Just being there is like a true vacation of your life. Learning and living the magic of yoga and Ayurveda in this place makes it a truly special and unforgettable experience.
The sea, clean and unspoiled beaches of Calahonda, the famous beach walk connecting the entire cost of Malaga, the gorgeous Natural park Artola, cafes, restaurants, supermarkets - are within a 10 min walk!
When the weather is good, most of the time, inHarmony. Yoga will take the studies outside of the garden or the beach. In this location, you will get to enjoy a vacation type environment, nice weather, and beautiful surroundings.
The photos and videos show previous venues used for this training. The school has just moved to the new permanent venue Villa inHarmony 30 minutes closer to Malaga city.
Healthy and whole daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner are provided during the training. Vegetarian food will consist of large quantities of various vegetables sautéed and raw, whole grains, seeds and nuts. A small quality of fresh cheese, eggs, and yogurt is also served. We use fresh, local and organic if possible ingredients. Special dietary needs may be catered to, please let inHarmony.Yoga know beforehand.
Transfer available for additional US$82 per person
Please book your flight to arrive at Málaga Airport (AGP). One can easily get an Uber ride or taxi for 50 euros from the airport to Calahonda. A bus stop is within walking distance so it is easy to come by bus from the airport
Please take a bus to your destination, Estepona. It takes from one to one and a half hours to get there by bus. It costs approximately 10 EUR. There are direct, semi-direct, and normal buses. From the bus stop in Estepona or San Pedro de Alcantara, just take a taxi to the training place. The fee per ride is from 10 to 15 EUR.
For this organizer you can guarantee your booking through BookYogaRetreats.com. All major credit cards supported.
We respect your privacy. We will not publish or share your email address in any way.
Please go to your inbox and click the confirmation link we just emailed you.
Don't miss our special promotions, exclusive offers, new destinations and inspirational stories!
We respect your privacy. We will not publish or share your email address in any way.