Face Yoga: 8 Facial Exercises to Keep Your Skin Fresh
La página de referencia para planificar tus vacaciones y retiros de yoga. Encuentra todo lo que necesitas saber sobre los principales destinos y lleva tu práctica al siguiente nivel.
Descubre Retiros de yoga ahora
Face yoga is an alternative to surgery and Botox, which is, most importantly, non-invasive. These exercises are meant to work all the layers of your skin: the hypodermis, which is the lower layer; the dermis, which is the middle layer; and epidermis, which is the upper layer.
By properly applying exercise to these layers of your skin, blood circulation is improved, which brings more oxygen and nutrition to your skin cells. This also relieves your face of toxins and results in a clear and healthy face. Furthermore, these exercises stimulate the production of collagen and elastin in the dermis, which smoothens and tightens your skin. Here are some face yoga moves that you can try in the comforts of your own home!
The forehead smoother
The benefit of this technique is that it stops wrinkles from appearing by relaxing the muscles in the forehead and removing tension.
- Make fists with both your hands. Then administer firm pressure to the center of your forehead with the knuckles of your middle and index fingers.
- Keep up the pressure and slowly slide the fists to each side.
- Finish with a gentle press of your knuckles on the temples.
- Repeat this exercise four more times.
The brow smoother
This technique is great for horizontal forehead lines and is the perfect alternative to Botox application.
- Place your hands on the forehead by facing them inwards and spread all of your fingers out between the hairline and the brows.
- Gently glide with your fingers outwards over the forehead, lightly pressing the skin.
- Relax and then repeat this exercise 10 times.
The neck lift
This method is used to tighten the neck and the jawline, in order to stop sagging and develop better muscle tone for double chins.
- Pucker the lips to one side as much as possible, until you feel your cheek stretch.
- Turn your head to the given side, lifting it up at an angle of about 45 degrees. Feel your neck stretching.
- Hold it like this for three seconds and do it again.
- Repeat the same technique on the other side.
The flirty eyes
This is a great way to take care of droopy brows and deep eye hollows, and an alternative to an eyebrow lift.
- Place your index finders underneath both your eyes, pointing towards your nose.
- Cover your teeth with your lips, and keep your upper and lower lip away from each other.
- Flap the upper eyelids while looking at the ceiling for 30 seconds.
The face lift
This technique is great for smoothing nasolabial fold lines and lifting your cheeks and eyes.
- Place your palms on your temples.
- Push the hands up and back, lifting both sides of your face.
- Open your mouth as if you’re saying “O”. Drop the jaw in order to make your face as long as you can.
- Hold it like this for five seconds, and then repeat two more times.
This exercise is good for fixing drooping eyelids, puffy eyes, and crow’s feet. It’s a good alternative to eye surgery.
- Press your middle fingers together at the inner side of your eyebrows, and then use your index fingers to administer pressure to the outer corners.
- Look up to the ceiling, and then squint by raising your lower eyelids upwards. Relax.
- Repeat this exercise six more times, and then tightly squeeze your eyes shut for 10 seconds to finish.
The eye lift
With this technique, you will lift sagging skin and droopy eyelids, and smooth out the nasolabial folds.
- Press the shoulders down and lift one arm up. Drop that arm over your head so that you can place the fingers on the temple.
- Apply gentle pressure with your fingertips in order to lift your face up and back, then drop your head over to the shoulder.
- Hold it like this while you allow yourself to slowly breathe out through the mouth.
- Make even more about of this pose by reaching your other arm at an angle of 45 degrees, and when exhaling, stick out your tongue and point it downwards.
- Do the other side and repeat.
This exercise is meant to fix the lines and loose skin on your neck, and is an alternative to a neck and jowl lift.
- Look right in front of you, and place the fingertips at the bottom of your neck. Bring your head up and apply gentle pressure with your fingers.
- Bring your head back to your chest and do this two more times.
- Extend your lower lip outwards as much as possible, so that you can pull the corners of your mouth downward, and place your fingertips on your collarbone with your chin pointing upwards. Hold it like this for the duration of four deep breaths.
As you can see, there are some alternatives to facelift surgery. Face yoga exercises can slow down the aging process, relieve tension, tone facial and neck muscles, and can eliminate double chins. All this will keep your skin fresh and boost your confidence and self-esteem!
Want to treat your face some more with a yoga spa retreat? Go to BookYogaRetreats.com and search among the largest compilation of yoga holidays on the web!